BUCHAREST, March 14, 2017 – Cushman & Wakefield, a leading global real estate services firm, has signed an exclusive arrangement with DTZ Echinox as its affiliate in Romania.
The formal affiliate appointment follows the 2015 global merger of Cushman & Wakefield and DTZ. DTZ Echinox had been DTZ’s partner in Romania since 2002. From today, DTZ Echinox will rebrand as Cushman & Wakefield Echinox.
Cushman & Wakefield Echinox provides a full range of services to investors, occupiers and owners across all sectors of the real estate market. Core capabilities include leasing and brokerage, property and facility management, capital markets, investment and asset management, valuation, research and project management.
Mihnea Serbanescu, General Manager at Cushman & Wakefield Echinox, said: “Cushman & Wakefield Echinox represents a new chapter of the success story of the company I founded over 23 years ago. With this new brand, which integrates the history, the teams and the know-how of two market leaders, I’m confident that we’ll manage to further deliver real estate consultancy and brokerage services at the highest level and we will expand our capabilities to consolidate our position in the local real estate market.”
Jonathan Hallett, Head of Central & Eastern Europe, Cushman & Wakefield said: “Cushman & Wakefield has a very strong presence across CEE and we are delighted to have strengthened our longstanding relationship with Echinox. Together we will pursue further growth throughout the region.”
John Forrester, Chief Executive EMEA, Cushman & Wakefield, said: “Our strong and long lasting relationships with affiliates across EMEA extends delivery into markets where Cushman & Wakefield does not currently have a wholly-owned presence. This benefits both local and global clients who gain access to our global network and local knowledge respectively.”
Cushman & Wakefield is a top three global real estate services firm, with some 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries, recorded revenue of over $5 billion, 4.3 billion sq. ft. under management and $191 billion in global transactions.
Cushman & Wakefield has previously announced exclusive affiliate arrangements with:
- Excellerate Property Services in sub-Saharan Africa, named Cushman & Wakefield Excellerate (August 2016).
- DTZ Sherry FitzGerald in Ireland, rebranded to Cushman & Wakefield (August 2016).
- Inter Israel in Israel, branded as Cushman & Wakefield Inter Israel (October 2016).
- Proprius in Greece, branded as Cushman & Wakefield Proprius (October 2016).
- SPG Intercity in Switzerland (December 2016).
- Veritas Brown, rebranding as Cushman & Wakefield, in Kazakhstan and Georgia (December 2016).
- DTZ Finland Oy, rebranding as Cushman & Wakefield, in Finland (January 2017).
- DTZ Realkapital, rebranding as Cushman & Wakefield Realkapital, in Norway (February 2017)